Friday, January 28, 2011

Game: “[The R.E.D. Album] is Gonna be Better Than The Documentary”




Despite numerous set backs, and no set release date, Game is quite confident about the work he put into his new LP, The R.E.D. Album. XXLMag.com recently chopped it up with Mr. Chuck Taylor to find out what fans can expect.

“This [R.E.D.] Album is fuckin’ incredible,” Game told XXL. “Everything I do now in the studio is mind-blowing. I don’t want anybody to hear Purp & Patron and think they album is gonna sound like that, I’m on a different level with The R.E.D. Album. My bars is gonna be on point, my beat selection is gonna be on point. I got everybody from Dr. Dre to DJ Premier to Pharrell and Kanye West involved. They just don’t jump on anybody’s projects, so that has to tell you something.”

Earlier this week the Compton rep dropped the double disc mixtape, Purp & Patron, with DJ Drama and DJ Skee. But, as he explained to XXL, the tape holds no comparison to his official album. “Purp & Patron is like if me and you got a chance to see Kobe shoot around at the Lakers practice with Lamar Odom and Matt Barnes,” he said. “We’re gonna be amazed because that’s Kobe, but Kobe is gonna be like, ‘You think that was great, wait until game time.’”

“Purp & Patron is just me shooting jumpers in the gym for practice,” he continued “When The R.E.D. Album comes out there are going to referees there and that’s when I’m gonna pack the stadium. This is gonna be my best work. I feel like this album is gonna be better than The Documentary.”

In the meantime, Game is prepping the release of his follow up to Purp & Patron, The Hangover. No details yet on the drop date. —Elan Mancini with reporting by Rob Markman

No comments:

Post a Comment