Friday, July 1, 2011

Mary J. Blige Taps Fabolous, DJ Premier & More For "My Life II: The Journey Continues"


While Loso is the sole guest artist on the album, writers and producers include Primo, Swizz Beatz, Alicia Keys and Bangladesh.

Mary J. Blige plans on taking it back to the essence with her upcoming album My Life II: The Journey Continues, due October 4th. The Queen of Hip Hop Soul, who released My Life in 1994, has enlisted production and writing from Alicia Keys, Swizz Beatz, Bangladesh and DJ Premier, while the sole guest artist so far is Fabolous.

Speaking with The Boombox, MJB explained that the album will explore how she overcame obstacles throughout her career and personal life. “I would say I've learned that trials and tribulations will continue to stand but the beauty is I know how to deal with navigating [through] them now," she said. "As long as you're living, you're going to have [to deal with] life.”

The 40-year-old songstress most recently released Stronger with Each Tear in December 2009, bowing at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 with sales of 332,000 copies in its first week.

No comments:

Post a Comment