Monday, May 23, 2011

Cormega Inks Distribution Deal With Sony/Red For Haiti Benefit Track


Cormega originally intended to drop the song on May 18th, but he's pushed back the release to June 14th after inking a distribution deal with Sony/Red to service the track to digital retail.

"Bascially, I was going to release the song on May 18th because that’s Flag Day in Haiti. But a situation occurred that made the project even bigger," he told The Necktie Revolution Blog. "Basically, what happened, today, I signed an agreement with Sony/Red distribution, so now they’re involved in the digital distribution of the record. And I guess it’s going to also be ringtones, etcetera etcetera, as opposed to me just doing it myself. So the setup is going to take longer, but I initially wanted to release it on the 18th and I stuck to my word – I just didn’t sell it on the 18th. I released it and leaked it on the 18th. So it’s available now for people who want to hear, but June 14th is the day that you can purchase it on iTunes."

No comments:

Post a Comment