Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yung LA Explains Face Tattoo F*ckery


The ‘net has been buzzing for the past few days due to the continued cooning certain rappers have taken to by receiving tattoos on their face and Grand Hustle artist Yung LA being the latest smh. He spoke with XXL about his Duct Tape Entertainment tattoo, not as a signal of him signing to the label, but of loyalty:

“That tattoo just comes from something in the city,” he explained. “My cousins grew up with a lot of people from Zone 6, I know a lot of people from Zone 6, and the people from Zone 6, there whole movement is called Duct Tape and I just had been really getting up with these guys. Everybody in the city from Zone 6, Zone 3, Zone 1, from Duct Tape to YGC to CDB to 30 Deep, there’s so many cliques in Atlanta and I just wanted to be the Robin Hood, I just wanted to be the guy that could have relationships with everybody in the city.”

“It was never a signing,” he said. “It was just an understanding. It’s a verbal understanding, it’s an eye to eye understanding that’s saying, ‘Boy I see what you got going on,’ ‘Oh shit I’m fucking with you, when we out in these clubs we linkin’ up.’ It was never a deal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment