Thursday, March 17, 2011
Mac Miller Preps Upcoming Project with DJ Jazzy Jeff
During a convo with TheWellversed on the red carpet at the Woodie Awards, Mac Man exclusively revealed that he and DJ Jazzy Jeff are currently working together on a collaborative project that will be released in the Summer time:
“I haven’t told anybody yet, but me and Jazzy Jeff are about to do a project,” Miller revealed exclusively to TWV on the red carpet at the MTVU Woodie Awards. “Straight hip hop stuff that’ll be coming out in the summer.”
If Miller has his way, Mr. Townes won’t be the only big name on the project. ”We’re trying to get as many pioneers in hip hop involved…I’m excited because this younger generation—I want to give them that. I want them to know who Jazzy Jeff is, who DJ Premier is.”
I think it’s cool,” he says with a smile. “Everyone is just making music. Whether you’re ten or 40. The Internet makes it possible for them to go back like I did. I wasn’t of age, when I got into hip hop I went and researched guys like Big L. that’s what I want to show my fans. I’ve had fans hit me up and say “I just listened to your shit and I went and listened to A Tribe Called Quest, they’re great!”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment