Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lupe Fiasco Reveals Atlantic Records Is Holding Him Hostage

In an in-depth interview with The Chicago Sun-Times, Lupe discusses Atlantic’s “fiasco” in detail, touching on his “big” single ‘The Show Goes On’ (“It’s their record. My words, their music. They forced this song to be a No. 1 single, and that’s what they got. I can’t take any credit for it.”"), the time period in which he turned in the original Lasers album and the album Atlantic is releasing next week as well as the origin behind the retail copy of Lasers:


"“I was specifically told” — Fiasco chuckled — “‘Don’t rap too deep on this record.’” He laughed some more. “That was a specific order from the top. ‘You’re rapping too fast or too slow, or it’s too complex.’ … There are consequences and combat that comes from that process and the eventual compromise. With me, though, I’m not writing about someone else. I’m writing about me. This is my life. It’s very personal for me. So for somebody to kind of put their fingers in that and play with that, it becomes more damaging.”"

Read the full interview at Suntimes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment