Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Kool G. Rap Confirms Marley Marl Appearance On Upcoming Album


One of Hip Hop's most important path pavers reveals that he will be reuniting with DJ Marley Marl on his eighth studio album.

Kool G. Rap has done much to influence some of today's most prominent emcees including Nas, Jay-Z, and Eminem. However, as one of Hip Hop's pioneers, G. Rap doesn't hesitate to name his close friend and producer Marley Marl as an essential part of his legacy. He revealed to the BoomBox that he would be reuniting with Marley Marl on his new album, Riches, Royalty, and Respect.

"I just got the track back from Marley the night before last," he said. "I wasn't sure he was going to make it on time. Working with Marley is like coming back home. It's like coming back full circle again. He has done a lot to contribute to my legacy. So I got a lot of love and respect for him."

The LP will be his eighth studio album and will not feature huge Rap artists, a conscious decision Kool G. Rap made to give other rappers a chance at the spotlight.

"I have a lot of up-and-coming names on this album. I really didn't do brand name chasing on this album because the young hungry cats were so available….they are hungry, and when you are hungry like that, your firepower is at its maximum. But I also have Infamous, who works with Lil Wayne and my man DJ Pain, who did tracks for Young Jeezy. I'm bringing it on all levels."

As a veteran in music, G. Rap also expressed his sentiments about remaining relevant in a changing industry.

"It's a blessing to still be around," he said. "There's a lot of cats in our business that didn't make it because of street violence. So for me to be here in 2011 is a blessing."

No comments:

Post a Comment