Thursday, April 7, 2011

Jim Jones Responds to Recent Lawsuit


Jim Jones responds to his recent lawsuit and thanks the NY Daily News for the free publicity.

Earlier this year, rapper Jim Jones was served with a lawsuit by two women at a nude beach whose images were unlawfully used in a clip for the video for his song "Summertime." Now, in a recent interview with Brian "B.Dot" Miller of Rap Radar, the Dipset capo responds to the lawsuit and the cover of the New York Daily News that featured the story.

"I thought it was dope," he said. "Free promotion. Thank you New York Daily News. I mean, I don't think it was as bad as everybody says. Everybody's looking for some shine, I guess. It's something my lawyer will handle...I don't regret nothing."

As DX had previously reported, the two plaintiffs, Sharie Johnson and Samantha Stotts, apparently knew that Jones and his associates had filmed them, but did not give the Harlem rapper authorization to distribute the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment